Need I say more?
Also, not to hop on the #whatshouldwecallme bandwagon, but I felt that this is appropriate given my last few recipe mishaps:
These are quite excellent, by the way! And are basically the grown-up, vegan equivalent of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, so they have definitely require a different kind of palate/appreciation for sweetness that isn’t derived from highly processed sugar.
- 1/2 c Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 c crunchy peanut butter (I also used Earth Balance, their stuff is delicious!)
- 3/4 c graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c granulated sweetener (I used cane sugar, she recommends maple)
- 1 c grain-sweetened vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 c soy, rice or nut milk
Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the peanut butter, graham crackers, and sugar and mix well. Remove the mixture from the heat, and put approximately 2 tbsp of the buttery mixture into the muffin cups.
Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan over low heat. Stir just until the chocolate has melted , then spoon evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
These are pretty fantastic, and are surprisingly buttery and moist. My predicament was how to eat it (with a spoon? are fingers okay?) so I’ll leave that to you to figure out your method of consumption. Enjoy with coffee or chai!