Sorry sorry it’s been so long since my last update! I had a rough past week but I’m feeling emotionally and physically stable once more and ready to get back in the kitchen.
Theeese are the best vegan chocolate chip cookies I’ve had. Suffice to say, the only that I remember having. But they’re goooood. According to Ann Gentry these cookies have a history, and a biscuit-like variation was used way back when people were emigrating from Europe to here on the Mayflower. Older than sugar cookies, for sure.
Now that you’ve learnt a little somethin’, let’s get baking! This makes about 12-15 cookies… depending on how much batter you ingest (oops) #sorryimnotsorry
- 1.25 cups unbleached white flour
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.25 tsp sea salt
- 6 oz vegan butter… which translates into 12 tbsp. yikes.
- 1/2 c organic sugar
- 1/2 c barley malt syrup (surprisingly good)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 c nondairy semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c pecans, coarsely chopped